COVID 19 - We are and will be here.
Communiqué from Varés & Asociados Law Office
Dear customers and friends,
with to the current health alarm situation and its incidence on the normal activity of our office, we inform you as follows:
- On the basis of the Royal Decree 463/2020, of March 14, declaring the state of alarm for the management of the health crisis situation caused by COVID-19 in Spain, as well as the recommendations from the Ministry of Justice and the Presidency of the Government in Poland, the courts of both countries have suspended all non-urgent activities. As a consequence of that, all hearings scheduled for the coming months have been postponed. We will communicate the new dates individually to our clients once they are provided to us, however, please note that delays of around 90 days on the dates originally planned are expected.
- Likewise, the consular offices of the Spanish Embassy in Poland, as well as that of Poland in Spain, have suspended all non-urgent actions.
- All visits to Polish and Spanish prisons have been prohibited for both lawyers and relatives. However, our internal clients remain in communication with our office by telephone.
- Notary offices are still active, therefore issuing public documents (real estate sales, testaments, etc...) is feasible
With regard to our organization, and in order to combine the protection of our personnel's health with the highest quality in the services we provide, we have taken the following actions:
- Both our offices in Madrid and Warsaw are open and continue to operate normally, although as of March 16, all the members of our staff whose physical presence is not essential work remotely.
- For meetings and consultation, and whenever possible, we ask our clients to use videoconferencing systems (Skype video).
- All actions that require our lawyers travelling to locations other than Madrid and Warsaw are subject to the restrictions on the operation of the means of transport that may remain in force at any time.
- Our 24/7 phone service for urgent matters is active as always.
We are confident that the situation will improve in the coming weeks. In the meantime, we remain at your disposal for the solution of any legal matter between Spain and Poland.
Warsaw, March 25, 2020.