COVID 19 - We are and will be here.
Communiqué from Varés & Asociados Law Office
Dear customers and friends,
with regards to the current health alarm situation and its incidence on the normal activity of our office, we inform you as follows:
- On the basis of the Royal Decree 463/2020, of March 14, declaring the state of alarm for the management of the health crisis situation caused by COVID-19 in Spain, as well as the recommendations from the Ministry of Justice and the Presidency of the Government in Poland, the courts of both countries, which suspended all non-urgent activities, have resumed them as of June 5 and May 24 respectively.
- All hearings scheduled for the coming months were postponed. We will communicate the new dates individually to our clients once they are provided to us, however, please note that delays of around 90 days on the dates originally planned are expected.
- Likewise, the consular offices of the Spanish Embassy in Poland, as well as that of Poland in Spain, which suspended all non-urgent actions, are gradually resuming them,
- All visits to Polish and Spanish prisons have been prohibited for both lawyers and relatives. However, our internal clients remain in communication with our office by telephone.
- Notary offices are still active, therefore issuing public documents (real estate sales, testaments, etc...) is feasible
With regard to our organization, both our offices in Madrid and Warsaw are open and operate normally.
We remain at your disposal for the solution of any legal matter between Spain and Poland.
Warsaw, June 22, 2020.